Friday, January 20, 2006
♥
Fucked Up Friday
This is a recount. Every word here are the exact things that happened today.I woke up this morning and stared at the ceiling, and started thinking to myself, is today Saturday? Weirdly, I felt like it was. And then I remembered that we just played with Xinmin yesterday and got thrashed, as always. So I told myself today's a Friday, which is a day which I always did not like. Yes, I never liked Fridays, like I said in one of the past entries.
I got out of bed, and went to school. My bag was extremely light because I left everything, including my pencil case on the table at school. I reached school, and found that Chunying's Jay poster had dropped onto the floor, most probably because the blue tack don't stick to the material. Being happy still, I took the poster, took off the frame and sticked it back to the wall.
I offed the lights in the class at 7.15am because we had to go for assembly. I walked to the assembly, happily joking with Weixin and Huiming. When we reached the assembly ground, Joan came to me and told me that Patricia Goh forces us to go support the guys, when we've already decided yesterday that we want to train in the hall. Joan said Patricia Goh screamed at her, things like we didn't tell her beforehand, and she's already given us the excuse letter and we're dismissed at 12.30pm today and blah.
So I was pissed, because firstly, I can't stand the name Patricia Goh. Secondly, I can't stand the way she has to scream and shout when she realises she has nothing to back her argument. Thirdly, I hate gorillas. Fourthly, I brought my racket to school today. (which unfortunately, as it turns out, had not been wise. You'll see why.)
During recess, I met Joan and Jaslyn at the canteen. The three of us decided to go find Patricia Goh to tell her we're either training in the hall, or we're going home. Not that we don't want to support the boys. But we've already told them, and they understand, because they're playing against Singapore Sports School today. So, we went up to the staff room, and just at this point of time, Patricia Goh came out of the staff room.
Before we could open our mouths to say anything, she decided to act friendly with us.
Goh: You all hor. Today if you all want to go and play have only one court leh.
Me: One court one court lar. One court enough for 7 of us what.
Goh: Okay. But next time if you all want to train you all have to tell me. -act friendly smile-
Me: That time Jeremy asked you if we want to train and the hall is empty can we train and you said yes.
Goh: I know, but you all still have to tell me what.
Me: -looks away- OKOKOK.
Then we left. And the problem miraculously settled itself. But I did not feel like going already. Because I know, for sure, that the gorilla is sure to come to check on us at the hall. And I fucking don't want to see her face. I don't want see her appearing in front of me AT ALL. It's spoiling my eyes badly.
After school, Joan realises she has to go for the CCA leader course, and since Yongyuan went for tournament, she has to find someone to go with her. So she got Jaslyn. And then we realise Charmaine, who had earlier said she want to come, is already at home. So there's only me and Ruth. Plus I did not want to go anymore. I just want to hide at home or at the library, far far away from gorillas because I don't want to see THAT face. So we cancelled it.
And then Jenna appeared out of nowhere after Joan and Jaslyn are gone. And I told her we aren't playing today anymore.
So, I had lunch in the canteen with Ruth, Sokmui and Jenna. Halfway through my meal, Layjia came to me and asked to borrow my racket.
Layjia: Eh gui, I want to play badminton.
Me: Then play lar.
Layjia: Can lend me racket?
Me: It's in class. You want you go take yourself.
I did not lend anyone anybody else's racket except myself. I did not. Nobody asked me whether I can lend them Ruth's racket, and nobody asked me whether I can lend them Jaslyn's racket. Because it would make NO SENSE to ask me whether I can lend them somebody else's things. They asked Ruth. NOT ME. NOT FREAKING ME.
And then, Ruth, Sokmui, Jenna and I went up to the library. Sokmui and I started doing our homework while Ruth did a mindmap on Bio and Jenna was reading a storybook. At 3pm, Ruth left for Art Club, and Jenna went home. At 3.15pm, Jiahao came. At 3.25pm, Anson came. And I was happily thinking, this is a safe place, safe from gorillas since no animals are allowed in the library.
I was wrong.
At 3.30pm, I was listening to Feng on Jiahao's Mp3, when she appeared.
Me: -takes down earphones-
Goh: You all never go train arh?
Me: Never. -puts back earphones, complete dao look-
Goh: -waves-
Me: -takes down earphones-
Goh: -signal for me to come out- Come.
Me: -silently scolding nabei, walks out of library-
Outside the library,
Goh: Eh, you hate me very much arh?
Me: Yar.
Goh: Why arh. What is it that I've done.
Me: Tch. I'm not the only one. -shrugs-
Goh: Yar yar, I know. But what is it that I've done to make you all don't like me.
Me: You like to scream and shout and scold and whatever lar.
Goh: But I've never shouted at you before. I've never scolded you.
Me: You scolded Jeremy, you scolded Joan, you scolded Yongyuan. We're one team. (almost said the word Fuck.)
Goh: Yar, I know sometimes my temper is bad. But you've to understand, what Jeremy done was wrong.
Me: -looks away, even the Exit sign looks more pleasing to the eyes-
Goh: And you're directly showing it to me that you don't like me. You're the most obvious one that you don't like me.
Me: So what you want from me now.
Goh: Nono, I'm not scolding you now arh. But you've to understand. What Jeremy done that day. He just walked off like that, in front of Mdm Lim. It's very rude you know. Then what do you think I should have done.
Me: TCH. I was about to walk away.
Goh: No, but what he did was really very wrong.
Me: OKOK. WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DO NOW. I WANT TO GO BACK TO STUDY, CAN?
Goh: No... Okay, can we both promise that we'll both change our attitudes?
Me: (desperately wants to save my eyes) I will try.
Goh: You will try... blah blah blah blah (did not bother to pay attention)
Me: Ok, can I go back to study now?
Goh: No... Can you promise that we'll both start anew? (WALAU, SHE THINK WHAT?!)
Me: No.
Goh: But--
Me: OKAY OKAY. ANYTHING.
Goh: Okay arh. So next time I give you the privilege. If I start to shout, you can stop me. But if I see that your attitude is bad, I'll tell (she used the word "tell", not "scold", amazingly) you too.
Me: Whatever. Can I go now.
Goh: Okay. See you. -pats MY shoulder-
THERE I KNEW IT! She wanted to pass her gorilla genes to me long since! The crap talk was just to get near me so that she could pat my shoulder to pass me the deadly gorilla disease!!!!!
Oh my freaking god. I told you I hate Fridays.
I got back into the library, thinking, okay, nothing can be worse than this. This must be the worst day in my life.
10 minutes later, Jaslyn appeared in the library. (Weird huh, all sorts of people come to the library.) First thought was that Goh probably went to tell her stuff or something And she asked me to go out. So I did.
Outside the library, again...
Jaslyn: You lend your racket to people is it.
Me: Yar, I lent it to Layjia.
Jaslyn: Then how come my racket and Ruth's racket also with them.
Me: (before I can say anything)
Jaslyn: -looks like she's going to cry-
Me: Eh, why you... Okay or not.
Jaslyn: Just now I went to the hall, but I only saw two rackets.
Me: But I saw them in the canteen with three.
Jaslyn: -crying- I tell you, now is tournament period. You better don't anyhow lend your racket to other people. -walks off-
Meigui had only one single thing in mind. What the fuck?
At 3.55pm, I received an sms.
Jaslyn: You better go get e racket back.
So I went. Ruth's and mine rackets are there, and Layjia told me Jaslyn took hers away angrily.
At 4pm, I replied.
Me: I got them back already. No idea why you're this upset but I did make sure my racket wun get lost because I held Layjia responsible for it.
Jaslyn: If u don mind I appreciate it if dey wan borrow dey ask me personally. Dey ur fren u lend them nvm. But dey not my frens. N they not e ones using when I saw them.
Me: Get it clear. I did not lend your or Ruth's racket to anybody. I only lent mine.
Jaslyn: So how dey end up with 3 rackets la.
Me: It was Ruth who lend kumboon or layjia. I only lent them mine. One racket. But I saw them with three rackets in the canteen. I did not touch your racket at all.
Jaslyn: Ok nvm. Now tournament period don lend your racket la. You wan lend after tournament you can jolly well throw it to them la.
I typed a Whatever but decided to save my sms.
There happens to be three types of people who can make me mad enough to throw my books. First, unreasonable people. Second, unreasonable people. Third, unreasonable people.
I freaking did not touch your racket means I freaking did not touch your racket. I lent my racket to someone not because I want to spoil my racket or I want Layjia to break it into two. If you see problems in lending your racket to people, that's your problem. I did not try to take your racket whatsoever. I did not pass my racket to Layjia and tell her "Please help me spoil this racket." Neither did I hang my racket up and put a large sign "Please damage this ASAP". I did not. And I happen to trust Layjia enough to take care one my one racket. If anything should happen to it, I hold myself to blame, and I'll use my spare racket. Okay. And the worst thing you can do is to PMS to me shortly after a gorilla has left.
It just makes me more fucked up.
Tournament is as important to you as it is to me. I saw you as a good friend, a good team mate, and the first thing I did when I saw you cry was to ask What's wrong and not to say I did not touch your racket. Unfortunately, I got mistaken lar. Which means I'm unlucky lar. What else can I say right?
Fucked up Friday sounds nice. And it fits perfectly well, don't it?


