Friday, February 10, 2006
♥
Be a Character-A1
I don't know exactly how to start this entry...Erm, hi to all.
It's Friday. And I never liked Fridays. Yea, I got an A1, but so what. No lah, I'm not uncontented or unsatisfied or whatever. It's just that, it felt so, wrong, because some are sad about their results, some are extremely happy when they got the slips, so many were anxious, hands sweating and all. And I wonder how one release of results can produce that extreme emotions. It's kind of scary. Why can't everyone get A1s and everyone is happy?
I didn't feel a single thing before I received the results. Seriously, I weren't anxious, at all. It felt like three years ago when we were receiving our PSLE results. I weren't feeling a thing, just continued watching the people around me, how worried they are, how anxious they are. Yes, I was expecting an A1, and if I hasn't got it, I'll probably be disappointed, or something, I don't know. And I got the results slip emotionlessly, the heart didn't skip a beat.
When I saw people crying when they didn't get the results they wanted, I didn't know how to react. And it just didn't feel right to shriek in happiness in front of them. I won't ask you to imagine how you would feel if you're in their shoes, because you never can imagine, if you're an A1 student. But, common sense tells me that anyone would feel sour looking at someone yell when they got their A1 and you get a B3.
I guess Mr Ng only made them feel worse when he asked only those who didn't do so well to stay back for the talk. It's not like all of them didn't put in the effort man. What's all these results is so important thing coming to? And when I came back into the class and I saw Huiming with a table full of tissues, I didn't know what I can do. There's nothing anyone can do to make her feel better, unless you can change her grade. But you can help by being understanding enough not to go on and on and on about your A1.
And it's not that I'm not happy with my grade, that's why I was looking so sian throughout the whole afternoon. And when others asked me, Why you get A1 still look like that? My reply was, Because it's only a subject. And yes, it's only a subject. I know it matters, everything matters, but what matters more is you, your character. Yes, results go a long way. But results go, it's the character that stays.
I know it's easy for me to say. I'm a freaking A1 student. But I meant what I said. Don't cheer up, use this to push you to do harder for your coming tests, if results is what matters to you most.
And lastly, to great friends Huiming, Gillian, Weixin and Jo&, you're all character-A1. Believe me, this goes a longer way than what the Chinese results can get you to.
Told you, I never liked Fridays. Tsk.


