Saturday, October 08, 2005
Now playing: Qi Li Xiang -- Jay ChouIt's nice to be listening to Qi Li Xiang again, after Yi Lu Xiang Bei and Piao Yi. It's like listening to something you were very familiar with, so familar to the extent you just have to hear the first two seconds of the song to tell which song it is. In fact, it is for almost every Jay's song, haha.
Have you realised
So fast October le?!
-.-
It seems like last week when I did flying fox during Sec 3 camp at the dairy farm, where I was still with 3/2 because GO made a mistake.
And then January passed just like that.
And then February passed just like that.
It seemed like just 5 days ago when I was chionging my March holidays homework on the last day of the holidays.
And then March and April passed just like that.
And then May.
And then the one month of June holidays which I vaguely recalled was mostly spent in YCK sports hall.
And then July, August, September, whee.
And now it's October. Before we know it, it'll be November again, then December, then year 2006.
...
WHY SO FAST?!
One year sounds so long huh. It's so scary to realise that I'm sleeping for almost half my life.
Like, when you're a baby, you sleep an average of 18 hours in 24 hours a day. And for all of us, we had been babies for the first two years of our lives. Which means out of 17520 hours of the first two years, we had been sleeping for 13140 hours which is about 547.5 days out of 730 days in the first two years.
And then from age 3 to 6, I had been sleeping at 7pm sharp and waking up at 11pm according to my mother. In the afternoon I had a 3 hours nap each day, which means I sleep 15 hours our of 24 hours a day. This means that I had been sleeping for 21900 hours out of 35040 hours in these two years, which is about 912.5 days out of 1460 days.
When I started Primary school, I started sleeping at 8pm and wakes up at 6am each day. And on weekends I wake at around 10am. Which means I sleep for the six years in primary school, I sleep an average of 78 hours a week, which is 22464 hours out of 52560 hours in the first six years. But this does not include the holidays which I sleep more. An avearge of 3 hours more each holiday, that adds up to about 90 hours more. That equates to 22554 out of 52560 hours, which is 939.75 days out of 2190 days.
My sleeping patterns got messy in Secondary school. Secondary one was still okay, I still slept at 7 or 8 at night, not counting occasional afternoon naps. And I wake at 5am each day. That makes 10 hours a day, 3650 hours out of 8760 hours for the first year. And then in Secondary two, I began sleeping at an avearge time of 9pm, still waking at 5am. That makes 8 hours a day, 2920 hours out of 8760 hours for the second year. And then in Secondary three, I regained my usual sleep time of 8pm, occasionally 9. That makes 9 hours a day, 3285 hours out of 8760 hours for the third year. Which means that out of 26280 hours in my secondary school life, I had been sleeping for only about 9855 hours a day!! But of course, if I count my sleeping time during lessons in school, which is at least one hour a day, that would be 720 hours (not counting Sat and Sun), which adds on to make 10575 hours. Plus, I wake at about 10am on non school days, which is 5 hours more each day. That would be 1440 hours more. In all, I sleep for 12051 hours out of 26280 hours in my secondary school life, which is 500.625 days out of 1095 days.
Which means, in total:
I slept for about 2900.375 days out of 5475 days in these 15 years, which is in fact, more than half of my life.
!!!
Sorry for freaking you all out with all the Maths above. Of course I used a calculator. What were you thinking? Anson beside me?
And thus! I've got a new resolution!
I shall not sleep in lessons anymore!
...
...
Nah, just joking... ^^"


